Electronic Eye (REM)
- JPG format over 300K
- Date and GPS position in image
- Triggered by GPS or sensor
- Protected images
- Hard Disk Storage
- Satellite Tracking
- Control commands
- Cost-effective communications
Remote Electronic Monitoring System with automatic image capture for bycatch control on board of fishing vessels.
For this REM, Marine Instruments has developed Beluga software, a program for the analysis and visualization of the images obtained by the observer. The program allows a quick visualization of long hours of fishing and the reviewing of the number of fishing operations, if they were with FAD or free school and the amount of catch and bycatch.
- High-quality images that allow discerning between species, fishing quota and techniques employed throughout the fishing trip.
- Images with a size greater than 300KB are stored in an internal SSD hard drive for up to 6 months.
- Image download via WiFi or USB.
- GPS position, date and time stamp embedded in the image itself.
- 2 megapixel camera.
- VMS satellite with global coverage.
- DTwo camera shooting modes: GPS (depending on whether the ship is on route or fishing) or external sensor (conveyor belt, winch … )
- Fully integrated and autonomous device.
- Easy to install.