Buoy for scientific use. Specially designed by Marine Instruments for harsh marine conditions. In the Smart Drumlines project (Australia and Reunion Island) the MLi-S buoy is attached to a drumline with bait. When the shark bites the hook, the buoy begins to transmit its GPS position. Users will receive an email plus a link with the location. Messages can be received directly to the phone (with GPRS coverage) or by MSR when the phone is out of coverage.
This scienfific buoy helps the sustainablity of the oceans and is part of the Marine Ecolife projects.
- GPS buoy with satellite transmission, GPS, Magnetic on/off and double power supply system.
- Flat rate communications
- Global coverage through Iridium Satellite network
- Designed to minimise the risk of drifting due to weather conditions.
- Good stability and buoyancy
- No external antenna
- Undetectable to both the naked eye and radar
- Solar rechargeable batteries. Unlimited battery life
- Flash for night/day positioning
- Temperature sensor
- Buoy weight: 6,9 Kg.
- Battery: 12 V. Recargable.
- Buoyancy: 6 litros
- Compatible software: Google Maps, MSB